Friday, January 14, 2011

Leaving the MTC...sad!

Friday January 14: Yesterday we  finished our 2nd week at the MTC.  We were training on the  computers so we would know what to do in the office once we get there.  Paul learned a lot and breezed through the  exercises.  I on the other hand am computer illiterate so for me it was very HARD!  But I now know much more than I did before so I'm fully confident that I will eventually get the hang of it.  Elder Holland spoke at the last fireside while we were there and it was a marvelous experience to see and hear an apostle of the Lord.  We met so many other wonderful senior missionaries and quickly formed some good friendships!  And who could fail to be inspired by 2500 young sisters and elders (missionaries) with so much enthusiasm and bright smiles.  We interacted with many of them in the cafeteria as we  devoured our three meals a day.  We left Provo this morning eager to get to Vancouver and get to work.  We made it to Pendelton Oregon tonight and plan to make it to Vancouver by Sunday.  We have to stop at the border to get our "visitor record" (visas) and will ask for a 24 month visa.  There is no set rule and it is up to whoever is there as to how long they will issue a visa for.  We are at their mercy!  Here is a  picture of our whole group and if you look really hard you can see us.

2 comments:

  1. Mom-I'm impressed you are posting. You are getting better already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it Sue, I knew you could. How exciting for your new life. Love you lots, Teresa

    ReplyDelete