Saturday, July 23, 2011

STAYING FIT


Staying fit is part of our program.  Paul and I went for a bike ride on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.  Notice I am riding an "elders" bike and I couldn't get my leg up and over the bar.  Paul had to lift my leg for me.  I think I've reached the age where I need a stepstool.  It was pretty funny and we had a great time riding until it was time to quit and I had the same problem; I couldn't get off the bike.  We gradually laid it down.  WOW I DID IT!


We joined the SouthArm gym which opens at 6:00 every morning.  We are there yawning and ready to go 5 days a week and exercise for 45 minutes.  Paul rotates the bike, treadmill, and eliptical each time.  On days the gym is closed (like Easter weekend when it was closed Fri. and Mon. but opened on Sat. and Easter Sunday) we walk in the park right across the street from our house.  I work out on the treadmill every day where I have the only opportunity to watch the TV and see some US news.


It's Monday, the weekly preparation day ("P" day) and many of the missionaries from the lower mainland are here at the church.  They hung out for the day, playing volleyball, football, basketball and just socializing.  They come inside to get supplies, mail, and the treats we always have out for them.


Cute sisters.  Sister Pung (2nd from right) and Sister Hwang (in the middle) go home Aug. 5  Sister Pung is from the US and Sister Kwang is from Korea; she mailed a package home with some of her things in it last week and it cost her $87.00.


The football game takes a break while they pose for the camera.  We love these elders!  They are awesome and hard  working.  Last week there were 4 baptisms and 67 new investigators.  The work goes forward.









1 comment: